Tips for Buying Contact Lenses Online
Always look for VALUE when buying contact lenses...NOT PRICE
To acheive the ultimate value in buying contact lenses, consumers need to consider contact lens availability, customer service, convenience, price, design and fit. That is why purchasing contact lens from a yourlens.com authorized eye care professional is a smart choice when buying contact lenses online, and an educated alternative to buying contact lenses from mass merchandisers.
Few mass merchandisers can match the degree of knowledge, professionalism and service offered by yourlens.com eye care professionals. Find a Doctorsm now.
Top 10 Tips for Buying Contact Lenses Online
Consult your Vision Insurance carrier to ensure full benefit
Thoroughly read the vision rider on your insurance policy to find out if contact lenses are included in your benefit. Then ask your eye care professional to confirm your findings as a means of ensuring that you get your full benefit. Just because your insurance policy states that you receive a discount from certain retailers doesn’t mean that those which are not listed don’t offer an equal or better discount.
If you don’t have vision insurance, talk to your Eye Care Professional about a payment plan
Most eye care practitioners are willing to work with patients who wish to wear contact lenses but aren’t covered by insurance. Ask about convenient payment plans. Yourlens.com eye care practitioners are concerned with vision first.
Compare your doctor’s offerings with that of leading contact lens retailers
Before basing your decision on price, compare the prices offered by your eye care doctor with those of leading online retailers. You might be pleasantly surprised to find that your doctor may be the one offering the best deal.
Many patients wrongly assume that contact lenses from an eye care specialist will be more expensive and inconvenient than buying them online or going to the store. Yourlens.com authorized contact lens retailers offer competitive prices on annual supplies and will ship them directly to your home or office for FREE! depending on contact lens brand.
In some cases, eye care professionals offer bundled packages of products and services so, if your doctor’s contact lens price is slightly higher than a competing retailer, but offers a package that includes exams, contact lens care products and promotional offers down the road, the value may be greater. Another thing to keep in mind is that you can order contact lenses from an authorized yourlens.com contact lens retailers online 24/7.
Determine the ‘Trust’ factor
When you walk into a contact lens mass merchandiser, do these operators know you personally? Do they conduct eye exams on you and your family, or are you attracted to these optical outlets as a result of mass advertising on TV, radio and billboards?
Yourlens.com eye care professionals ship thousands of contact lens orders every day direct to patients through yourlens.com. Participating Eye Care Professionals cite five main reasons their customers give them for buying contact lenses online directly from their doctor.
1. Personalized Service
You enjoy an added level of service when buying contact lenses online from your doctor
Between mass merchandisers and online retailers, there are virtually hundreds of places to buy contact lenses. But when you order online direct from an authorized yourlens.com eye care professional, you’re not only guaranteed an optimal contact lens fit, you’re assured that if problems arise with your contacts, you engage a trained professional in solving them.
When shopping for price, first give your eye care specialist the opportunity to factor in contact lens discounts on annual supplies, manufacturers' rebates and promotional offers on name brand contacts, before you decide to shop somewhere else. Believe it or not, yourlens.com authorized eye care doctors can often offer you the best value on contact lenses, no matter what brand you use. Several types of rebates may be available to your eye care professionals that aren’t available to major contact lens retailers.
Top 10 Tips for Buying Contact Lenses Online
1. Evaluate options based on value, customer service, professionalism and price. Make your eye care professional your first stop.
2. Don't assume that buying contact lenses from your eye care professional will be more expensive than buying contact lenses online from popular retailers.
3. Ask your eye care professional about manufacturer rebates and discounts on contact lens annual supplies.
4. Check the vision rider on your health insurance plan to ensure maximum benefit.
5. Always get a copy of your contact lens Rx.
6. Avoid shipping costs by ordering annual supplies.
7. Ask a yourlens.com eye care professional about AutoShip, an automated shipping program that delivers contact lenses automatically to your home or office based on your prescribed compliance. Never worry about ordering contacts again or having them delivered on time.
8. Keep in mind that when you drive to the store to order or pick up contact lenses, fuel costs increase the price of the lenses. In buying contact lenses online direct from a yourlens.com eye care professional, you not only save on gasoline, you reduce your carbon footprint on the environment as well.
9. Always consider value when buying contact lenses—which is a combination of price, availability, convenience, customer service and other promotional offers made available by your eye doctor.
10. Make sure you know what you’re getting and at what price—especially when reading over your vision policy and the guarantees offered by your eye care practitioner. Always confirm your cost calculations with those of your eye care professional and if the numbers don’t match, you know to ask questions.
Back to Top
Visit One of These Yourlens.com Websites for More Information
Yourlens.com Eye Care Provider Websites